Progress Bar

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Day 1 Complete

I managed to complete my first day of bootcamp yesterday. It's possible (and most likely) I will not be able to walk by tomorrow. My entire body is SO sore. Like probably even my eyelids. But it's not enough to keep me from going...tomorrow will be Session 2. I've been told I should plan 2-3 times a week for the first few weeks. And after that see how I feel and increase sessions as my body adjusts.

My friend, Sara, who encouraged me to start the class texted me last night to see how it went. She said "Didn't you feel like a badass when it was over?" Haha. I told her I was just happy to be a) breathing and b) standing upright. Kidding aside, it was actually really good. Sure, I was slower than others, but also give myself credit as these are exercises I've never done before so there is sure to be a learning curve. It went quick with the format...15 minutes stretching with these to start. Then workout #1 was 4 different stations (squats, burpees, lunges and restraint cords). We did 8 sets....1 minute workout, 30 seconds rest on each station. Workout #2 was also 4 different stations with 3 rotations of 45 seconds workout then 20 seconds rest while switching stations. It was fast, but that meant the time went by fast. So, all in all, a win for me.

The best part of the class for me was at the end when we were all beat he picked a few people to rattle off how much they'd lost since starting bootcamp. The girl I chatted with in front of me is down 24 lbs in 10 weeks. Others were 90lb, 60lb, 40lb, etc. down. It was motivation for sure. Everyone was SO super friendly, SO super supportive and SO motivated.

Tomorrow I'll take more water with me no doubt, I will not be 15 mins early for fear of getting lost again and am planning to do the 5:15 am or 6:15 am class. That way I don't miss any of my daughters awake time (since they are sleeping 7p-7a these days Praise The Lord) or miss any work time....and it also means tomorrow night I can soak in a hot bath after the girls go down. If only this program could find a way to make it work while still enjoying an evening glass of vino. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment